The Liebster Award

Remember Katherine? She was the one adding a brilliant song to this old playlist.

She's running a great blog called "What Does The Katt Say?", which I enjoy reading a lot. Now, the lovely lady has nominated me for a Liebster Award (read her post about it here).

And I accept this award and am really thankful, it's great to know, that my blog is appreciated.

The award comes with 11 questions from Katherine, I have to answer and you can read this little interview below. Also, you will find ten random things about me and my nominees, who are running great blogs themselves, beneath the Q&A part. Enjoy reading!



My answers to Katherine's questions


1) What is the last thing you ate?
My very last chocolate egg from Easter. I still have a chocolate bunny and a real egg left, but nothing beats the Lindt Irish Cream egg I just had (except possibly the Lindt Marc de Champagne egg I had yesterday).

2) What’s your favourite thing to do in the evening?
Depends on what day it is. On the weekend I like to go out with friends for dinner or/and a drink or to the cinema. And on weekdays I love a relaxing bath with a good book or Netflix.

3) What TV show was your favourite growing up?

I loved a show called "Sendung mit der Maus" which translates to The Show with the Mouse. It's a mixture of cartoons and educational film shorts, in that they explain for example how things are made or how they work. It's amazing. I still watch it sometimes to be honest.

4) Which celebrity would you most like to meet and why?
That's a hard question... If you had asked me this question this time last year, I would have said BBC Radio 1's Greg James because he somehow changed me - in a good way. That might sound a bit weird, but thanks to him I learned to embrace who I really am (at least a bit more than before I knew him) and that I probably shouldn't be bothered that much by what others think and just do my thing. But I have met him last spring and it was one of the best days ever, so that's done. (I'd love to meet him again of course, don't get me wrong.)
I've also met some of my favourite singers and bands already, for example Bastille, Kodaline and Olly Murs, what has been great. Hence, I really don't have an answer to that question at the moment.
Or wait, I know. I would love to meet Emma Watson, just to tell her what an inspiring woman she is and that I admire her work. 

5) What can you see out of the window? (if you’re not by one, go to the closest one)

Well, nothing special. In the foreground there's the balcony and the garden and house of our neighbours. And in the background there's a crossroad, a bridge over a little river, trees that get more and more green each day now and some more houses. And even more in the background I can see the roof of our castle and the flag onto it and behind that there are some hills, that already belong to the Black Forest.


6) Breakfast, lunch or dinner?
Dinner! Breakfast is the meal I skip the most and lunch isn't made for eating a lot because you will be tired for the rest of the day and I love eating a lot. Luckily my body seems to be made for that otherwise I would be proper fat by now.

7) What TV show/radio show/film/book makes you laugh the most?
Oh my goodness - thta's a hard question. I can laugh about a lot!
I'm certainly up for funny podcasts, especially the ones I mentioned in My Five Favourite Podcasts and when I need cheering up I listen to the That's What He Said podcast, because it always makes me smile.
What also makes me laugh a lot is the radio sitcom Cabin Pressure. It's hilarious and starring John Finnemore, Roger Allam and Benedict Cumberbatch. I love listening back to all the episodes.
When it comes to TV shows I would say Friends is a good one to get laughing or Modern Family if you want a more recent one.
Also there's a series of German books by Elisabeth Kabatek about a girl called Pipeline, which is hilarious and partly written in Swabian, what makes it even funnier.

8) Which season is your favourite?

Early summer - the time when it's finally warm enough to wear summer dresses and sit outside in the evenings, but it's not so hot you can't really bear to go outside.

9) Do you have an annoying habit?
I talk too much and too fast sometimes. When I get nervous or insecure I try to cover it up with talking, but most of the time I start talking about really irrelevant stuff, so it gets annoying. And it's the same when it comes to laughing...

10) How many pets do you have?
None. I had three hamsters and guinea pig when I was a child, but as me (and my mum) got too attached to them and always were proper sad when they died after a few years, we stopped getting pets.

11) Favourite quote?
I have to give you two because I really can't decide. The first one is from the film The Imitation Game and is a quote that is encouraging, which is why I love it so much.


The second one is by Robin Williams. It's a great life motto and that's why I love - be mad and weird, there's nothing wrong about it.



The second thing you should do when getting a Liebster Award is this:

10 random facts about myself

  1. I sleep on my front with my hands beneath my pillow.
  2. I have seen every episode of Doctor Who since 2005 at least 3 times.
  3. I can sing along to at least a hundred songs, but I can't remember facts anywhere near that well.
  4. I own over 200 DVDs and probably nearly 300 books.
  5. I haven't spent more than 5 days of my life without talking to my parents either on the phone or in person.
  6. I used to write the names of the other kids in kindergarten on their pictures for them and it took the teacher ages until she found out who it was who could already write.
  7. I hate celeriac and I have been writing this into people's friendship books since 1st grade.
  8. I did ballet for 13 years and had piano lessons for ten years.
  9. I'm afraid of walking on slippery surfaces.
  10. I love singing even though I am a really bad singer.
So that's it from me. Now it's up to my nominees. I will share their posts on Facebook once they will have published them, so make sure to like my page to stay updated. They all run great blogs, so give them a visit.


My nominees:

  1. Emily, a fellow Doctor Who fan, who's got a great blog about everything called Travels of a Doctor Who Geek.
  2. Giverny who blogs about books, poetry and other related things on A Handful Of Literature
  3. Alex from Alex's Crazy Stupid Blog, that is about music and life.
  4. Cherry, who is all creative and crafty on her blog Where is my Pencil?
  5. Hannah, the blogger behind Han's Book Reviews.
  6. Rachel's Random Reads very own Rachel, who's also blogging about books.

The 11 questions for my nominees:

  1. Why have you picked up blogging?
  2. What do you love most about the internet?
  3. What do you hate most about the internet?
  4. What do you like most about yourself?
  5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
  6. What does your perfect day look like?
  7. Which place on earth would you love to go to one day?
  8. What's your favourite food?
  9. If you had to pick one song to describe your life, which one would it be?
  10. If you could live in a book, film or TV show, what would it be?
  11. If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to and why?
So this is it. For my nominees there are the rules below and for everyone else reading this, I hope you enjoyed it. Don't forget to visit Katherine's blog and the blog's of my nominees

Until the next time
Julia x

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Official Rules of the Liebster Award

1. Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post).
3. Answer 11 questions from the Blogger that nominated you.
4. Provide 10 random facts about yourself.
5. Ask your nominees to answer 11 questions.
6. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1,000 followers.
7. List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here). Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so they can learn about it and know what to do! (they might not have ever heard of it!)
9. Post your Liebster Award blog post link in the comments of your nominator’s Liebster Award Post
10. This is no official rule but it would be nice if you followed the person who nominated you.

Follow

1 comment :

  1. Hallo Julia, meinen Beitrag zum Award findest du jetzt unter http://ahandfulofliterature.com/der-liebster-award/. Vielen lieben Dank!

    ReplyDelete