Billy and Me by Giovanna Fletcher

"Sophie May has a secret. One that she's successfully kept for years. It's meant that she's had to give up her dreams of going to university and travelling the world to stay in her little village, living with her mum and working in the local tea shop.

But then she meets the gorgeous Billy - an actor with ambitions to make it to the top. And when they fall in love, Sophie is whisked away from the comfort of her life into Billy's glamorous - but ruthless - world.

Their relationship throws Sophie right into the spotlight after years of shying away from attention. Can she handle the constant scrutiny that comes with being with Billy? And most of all, is she ready for her secret heartbreak to be discovered and shared with the nation?"

This book is a modern day fairytale. You've got that very normal girl who has a very normal job and lives in a quiet small town. Then this famous, attractive film star, who's every girls dream comes along and falls in love with her. Sounds a bit like Cinderella without the evil stepmother.

Already when I've read the blurb I knew this book would be very predictable, but I wanted an easy read and I hoped for it to be beautiful and entertaining.


It was even more: It was touching and I fell in love with the characters. I've read this book within a weekend which isn't normal for me, because I'm a slow reader, but I wanted to know everything and it was in fact very easy to read, which is and on the same time is not a compliment on the style of writing. It is, because I hate books that are written so complicated that I've got to read most sentences twice. But this one has nothing special about the way the story is told and is just very simple, so it lacks a bit of personality.

Nevertheless the description of the characters is really beautiful and they've all got emotional stories. It sounds like a very realistic story (which might be because of Giovanna Fletcher being one of these rare persons that a story like this has happened to).

It's a somehow realistic dream, which makes it a nice and cute book. But it wasn't just a dream. You had to learn how hard the life of celebrities must be with all the press/paparazzi and people in general watching them. And I actually had to cry at some point near the end, because a part of the story gets really sad and emotional. Those of you who have read the book will know what I mean.

For all that the novel has everything you want from a lovestory. It's beautiful, emotional and has got characters that you will love or hate. The only thing that stopped me from giving it five hearts was the writing style and that it was really predictable.

Follow

No comments :

Post a Comment