September Roundup

Time flies! September is over and summer as well. Bring on those sunny autumn days with it's light breezes and colourful leaves. Welcome October!

But first let's relive my September in things I've heard, watched or read. It's less films, series and books this month, because I had to write a seminar paper for uni and was quite busydue to that and now I'm on holiday. Nevertheless I discovered a lot of new music which was entertaining and making work easier.

And it has been a month of firsts. I received my first reading copy from a publishing company, which is my current read, which you'll hear about in October. And you might have read my review of the Brass Phantoms single, which was a first as well as I never got asked by a band to review their music before.

Here we go:

The Month in Books:

  • Therapy by Sebastian Fitzek (I've already read it in July, but the review was posted this month, that's why I thought I should probably put it on the list as well...)
  • Dream a Little Dream by Giovanna Fletcher
  • Die Känguru-Offenbarung by Marc-Uwe Kling, which is the third part of a German comedy trilogy. It's about a talking kangaroo. It's so awesome!
  • Panorama City by Antoine Wilson 

The reviews about the books will be up within the next weeks, when I'm back home.

 

The Month in Films and Series:

  • Letters to Juliet
  • Doctor Who (including the two new episodes of series 9, which were already better than the whole of series 8....)
  • Mr. Selfridge (We're somewhere in the middle of season two now)
  • Lost (I have never watched it before and thought it's finally time. It's so gripping! I'm already some episodes into series 4, I just couldn't stop watching...)

 

The Month in Music:

 

The Favourites:

  • Book: "Panorama City", because it's the most beautiful book I've read in a while. More about that next Monday.
  • Film/Series: Lost, I'm so hooked and I can't wait to finish it.
  • Song: The One by Kodaline featured on Coming up for Air, because it has been stuck in my head ever since I've seen/heard them play it.

That was September. We'll see what October's got for us. I'll see Imagine Dragons in concert and I'm looking forward to finish my current read Panorama City by Antoine Wilson.

What were your September favourites? And what are you looking forward to in October? Leave a comment below :)

Love
Julia x


Follow

No comments :

Post a Comment